The Benefits of Drinking Water for your Skin and Overall Health
If you are looking to improving your diet, your skin, and your overall health, then the first thing you should include more of in your diet is water. Here's why water is so essential for your skin and overall health.
How does Water Affect our Skin?
1. Your skin – just like any other organ in the body – is made up of cells. And cells – no matter which organ they make up – requires water to function properly. Water prevents dehydration.
2. Water is known to be better than any anti-aging treatment available in the market. Well-hydrated skin glows and has a clear complexion. When you consume adequate amounts of water, you ensure that your skin has a chance to stay soft and supple – paired with the proper skincare products, your skin will look youthful for a long time!
3. Well-hydrated skin is healthy skin, and healthy skin is less prone to skin infections like psoriasis, acne, and eczema. It also keeps wrinkles at bay.
4. Toxins are flushed out of your body when you keep yourself well hydrated. This leads to healthy and glowing skin.
In What Ways Does Water Promote a Healthy Body?
1. Water – when consumed in satisfactory amounts throughout the day – every day will improve your digestive system. Drinking water is the best way to flush out toxins from your body and keeps the body fluids stable.
2. Water makes up 75% of our muscles, 22% of our bones, 75% of our brain, 80% of our lungs, and so many more body functions. To keep them healthy and to function well at all times, having enough water is necessary. Water will prevent smaller health concerns like muscle cramps, to big concerns like weak joints, bad lungs and kidney, and all sorts of chronic illnesses.
3. When you drink less water, your body will clink on to every bit of water by retaining it. Swollen extremities from water retention make it difficult to move around. Drinking more water will help reverse the condition and bring your body back to normal.
This colourless and tasteless liquid makes up 50 to 70% of your body mass and has the potential to transform your health and your skin immensely. Its benefits can never be overstated. If there is thing you can do to improve your health, it is to increase your water consumption.